I’m shipping orders for my store this week! Had a nice long weekend and now I’m back on the grind.
felt like doing some quick Journey fanart ^^’ and making more glittery loop deelies…
okay now back to work! OTL they are really fun though…
together at last
excuse me i have something important 2 add
on the xkit audio downloader extension pops up this window for copyright violations
and it’s a different one every time
i love the xkit guy
1. Favourite song? Mkay… I’m gonna say DLZ by TV On The Radio, fantastic song that makes you feel like a bad ass. Mostly because it was used in Breaking Bad at the end Season 2 episode 10 where he’s all up in that guys face like “STAY OUT OF MY TERITORY.” Oh man, so rad. Either that or Jetkick’s new song Waiting Right Here. Definitely worth listening to!
2. Favourite comedian? Louis CK by far! My all time favourite stand up performance is Oh My God, Louis CK is too funny. My other top comedians are Tim Minchin, Bo Burnham and Bill Bailey! Oh man, they’re all so clever and funny.
3. Favourite blog? aviadventures (shh, don’t tell her though). But man, that’s a mean question :D Honorable are mentions are elianaandrea, heyvikkitime, theguyfromup and iguanamouth - I reblog all of these the most I think!
4. Your favourite part of yourself? Uuuh xD fuck, I dunno. My sense of humour? Is that too obvious, I do like that part a lot, that’s what everyone else says apart from the fact I draw. My favourite part if myself is definitely not my drawing skill! Can I say my passion? I’m a very passionate person, about film, people, animation. Yeah, I like that part.
5. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? Hmm, all my favourite foods are made out of potato. Can I choose potatoes? Then I can cook them however I like everyday! YEAH
6. If you could marry one fictional character, who would it be and why? Jesse Pinkman. Sexy sexy Aaron Paul to wake up to every morning, are you kidding me?!
7. If you had the chance to stay young forever, would you? Apart from that being really creepy and I would watch all my friends and relitives die and probably be experimented, I really want to grow old! I wanna be like Hayao Miyazaki someday. Also, I very much want to die someday.
8. What star sign are you? Scorpio. I have a little painted shell reminding me that every day. It was a gift..
9. Do you enjoy being alone or would you rather be surrounded by people? It’s not black and white. I do prefer spending most of my time alone, but in contact with people. I do love hanging out with people, just not excessively.
10. Would you say you’re happy? Not most of the time, but I really try to be as positive as I can.
I spent way too long answering these xD Not gonna just delete them!
Super crazy cool human Avi ( aviadventures ) tagged me (here: http://aviadventures.tumblr.com/post/93246829742/so-rad-person-ellen) to answer some questions or something I guess I dunno SO YEAH BITCH LET’S DO THIS:
1. Favourite artist? (can be musician; painter; anything really) Fuck, ummm.. Hayao Miyazaki? I’m not going to think about this question too hard, I’ll never be able to answer it xD
2. Celebrity crush? AARON PAUL.
3. Last song you listened to? I’m listening to a playlist while writing this :P It was ‘If You Open Your Mind Too Much, Your Brain Will Fall Out’ by Tim Minchin.
4. Last time you felt extremely happy/satisfied? April the 7th: the last time I was with a girl. (tmi inbound, also the last time I had some bare boobs in my face)
5. Last person you texted/IM’d? My bestest friend, Suzi!
6. Something you’re good at? Writing. (you thought I was gonna say drawing ;D TOTALLY NOT)
7. First film you remember seeing? Woah, umm.. I’m gonna say Funny Little Bunnies or The Three Little Pigs by Walt Disney. They’re more animated shorts really, but I’m not sure what else to say.
8. Best animated film/TV show in your opinion? Best animated film is Spirited Away! Best 3D animated film is The Lego Movie (or maybe Wreck it Ralph). (honorable mentions are The Iron Giant and It’s Such a Beautiful Day, really inspiring films). Best animated show on tevevision right now is Rick and Morty! Honorable mentions are Legend of Korra and Adventure Time! Best three shows on TV in general if you ask me.
9. How old were you when you had your first kiss? If you haven’t had it yet, where would you like it to happen? I had my first kiss when I was 8 years old. I made out with a girl for the first time this year at 17! That’s embarrassing..
10. If you wrote a song right now, what would it be called? It would be called Digital Art and Sweaty Balls, a song of love and suffering.
QUESTIONS FOR THE PEOPLE I TAG TO ANSWER! (I made the mistake of answering the same questions Avi only to delete them straight away! I’m so dumb)
1) Top 3 films? Because who can pick a favourite, amiright?!
2) Favourite fictional universe?
3) Have you ever cried during a film? If so, which one/s?
4) Last time you were in a physical fight?
5) Last time you told someone you loved them?
6) Last compliment you received?
7) Your least favourite thing in the world?
8) Favourite current TV show?
9) Are you currently in a relationship? Do you want to be?
10) If you could make a film, what would be the sinopsis?
THIS TOOK ME TOO LONG OKAY BYE
I enjoyed animating Eliza’s kneefall and wakeup.
Here’s the animation tied down by @rafaelborven
pb and marceline yeah yeah yeah
Animated key frames of Scanty and Panty from Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (パンティ＆ストッキングwithガーターベルト) locked in the seemingly eternal struggle of good versus evil… Or just having a good old fashioned gun fight in episode #11.
Thanks, man! :D
I’m sure many have written about this in-depth and can be found around on the net but I can ring off a couple straight tips from the top of my head:
- Learning the form is the key to creating believable lighting, and that will give you a huge jump in understanding it without much need for referencing. The planes that are affected when light hits it from different angles, the shadows that are casted, etc. You have to basically think 3-dimensional. In addition, you have a human body right on you to assist you further. Grab a mirror and some lights and study up! You should also understand how contrast works as well.
- When it comes to coloring and painting, I don’t pick colors. Like shown above, I use a base palette and then I let the knowledge of lighting control things from there. My shadows are typically all the same color, same as my highlights, and I use them with specific layer blending modes. It’s the closest to working in real life, because lighting always affects color. It’s accurate and really simple to understand once you get used to coloring in this way.
- Learn about temperature! Shadows should not be pure greyscale/black as that will make the image’s colors dry and dull. I tend to go for cooler shadows (purples/blues) and warm highlights (yellows/oranges) in my work.
- With proper environmental lighting, a character will never be their base color. I made an example above. Only purest white light surroundings (“Balanced”) is when tones would appear at its most unadulterated. So when I color an image, I color the character in their base palette, and then I use Gradient Maps (a Photoshop tool) to influence the mood and temperature of the illustration. (I will write a more in-depth explanation on using Gradient Maps when I find the time to). It’s all depending on the illustration I’m working on. If I’m coloring a character in the middle of a blizzard, I wouldn’t use any kind of warm lighting. I’d use blues and teals in my Gradient Maps. On the other hand, if I’m coloring characters in a desert-like setting, I’d use a lot of yellows, oranges, and browns in them.
So these are the basics that I apply all the time with my work! I hope it helps. ^^